Sunday 12 November 2017

116 Day November 2017

Agfa Standard with HP5 Plus
Last Monday, the 6th November, I shot two rolls of film for a Winter '116 Day'. Working all day, I was only able to take photographs on the way to and from work, and a couple of shots during my lunch break. I used an Agfa Standard folding camera, rather than either the Cocarette or No.2A Brownie I've used perviously: the Agfa Standard was available in a range of plate and rollfilm sizes; the 116 format Standard was designated the Model 255 to distinguish it within the range. Using original 116 backing paper, I shot Ilford HP5 Plus, and pushed the film one stop when developing. The Standard's Gauthier shutter has five speeds, as well as B and T; all the 'instant' speeds appear to be the same now. The daylight shots were over exposed: I calculated that the shutter was firing at about 1/100th, but I think it's probably much slower than that. With the clocks going back it was dark leaving work; I had better results at night, with long exposures on the T setting, balancing the camera on any convenient flat surface. There appear to have been a few problems with film flatness, and again the long exposures perhaps show this less, as I used smaller apertures than the hand-held shots. The final shot on the second roll (the last image on this post) shows the end of the 120 film curling up inside the camera and casting a shadow upon itself during the exposure.

Agfa Standard with Ilford HP5 Plus
Agfa Standard with Ilford HP5 Plus
Agfa Standard with Ilford HP5 Plus
Agfa Standard with Ilford HP5 Plus
Agfa Standard with Ilford HP5 Plus
Agfa Standard with Ilford HP5 Plus
Agfa Standard with Ilford HP5 Plus
Agfa Standard with Ilford HP5 Plus
Agfa Standard with Ilford HP5 Plus
Agfa Standard with Ilford HP5 Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment